Los resultados del 2008 National Student Survey of Engagement Shows Engagement in Online Learning tienden a mostrar un panorama muy positivo en relación a la enseñanza en línea y su impacto en los estudiantes:
1. Relative to classroom-based learners, both first-year and senior online learners reported more deep approaches to learning in their coursework.
2. Online courses seem to stimulate more intellectual challenge and educational gains. This suggests that integrating technology-enhanced courses into the curriculum for all students might have some salutary benefits.
3.For both first-year and senior students, online learners were more likely than classroom-based learners to:
• Very often participate in course activities that challenged them intellectually.
• Very often participate in discussions that enhanced their understanding of different cultures.
• Very often discuss topics of importance to their major.
Ya es tiempo de abandonar los prejuicios y comenzar a integrar la enseñanza en línea en nuestros currículos. Los datos nos muestran que será de gran beneficio para nuestros estudiantes.